Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Thursday, May 19, 2016

What Seeds Have You Sown?

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1


What is the first thing that comes to thought when we think about the rain? Most people say this is the best sleeping weather, or we needed the rain because the ground has been hard and dry. Some like the rain because it waters their foundation but the most common thing we hear is, Our plants needed this water for the rain. Do we ever think about our "spiritual garden?" I didn't really take much thought about my own personal garden until today.

I am sharing this post because I strongly feel as though it was the Holy Spirit that spoke this to me. With that being said I felt the urge to share because I never want to be caught being selfish holding onto a word especially if it can benefit someone else's life. So here we go:

I was dropping my Daughter off at school It was raining so we walked under the only umbrella that I had. As I got up to the door to drop her off, Her principal has asked us how was our day. I said to him that this is the day that the Lord has made and I shall rejoice and be glad in it, in spite of this rain.Then the Principal said well I like the rain. I said I do too that means the blessing is coming and then I said my goodbyes and walked back to my car.  I got back in my car and I turned off the radio and just drove in silence like I regularly do. As I was driving a very strong thought came across. In the rain I water your seeds. In the rain the blessing and the curses come. What does this mean? It means that we have to be very careful about the seeds that we sow. I do believe that we are in a harvest time but also believe that it will be based off of the seeds that we have planted. With that being said, if you have planted seeds of anger, disrespect, unrighteousness, doubt , and any other thing that has been sown from misguided emotion, you will reap what you sown when your harvest comes. Same goes for the good things that you have done such as giving to someone in need or to the ministry of Jesus, Having faith, joy, prayed for others etc. All those seeds will harvest a blessing for you as well.

This left me a very important question that I had to ask myself, what seeds have I sown? I asked myself this because I am human and even though I love the Lord I would like to my conscience to be clear if I've done anything that is not like Christ. I can pretty much bank on it that I've done something because I'm far from perfect. The good thing is we serve a God who loves us has has the power to pluck up our mess, till our spiritual ground afresh so that we can plant good seeds that will benefit our lives and the Kingdom of God. So during your quiet time I urge you to contemplate on things you may have done, confess and asked for forgiveness. Allow God to fix it because we don't want to reap anything that this world has to give. We only want what God wants for our lives and it is one of his principles what you sow you reap. We sow seeds on a daily basis so be mindful of how you sow your seeds.

I will end with this anytime that we want to prove that the word of God is true, When he speaks its important that we find it in his word. So I will leave you with the Biblical version of what God shared with me this morning. I hope this blog blesses you.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the spirit will of the spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for posting your prayer requests and comments!