Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Friday, May 13, 2016

The Power of Forgiveness

I personally believe that the hardest thing that we can ever do is forgive someone who has hurt us. Especially if you were in a position that might have taken away your dignity, virginity, integrity, self esteem, I'm sure there are more. I simply named some of the hardest. All in all at some point in out lives we have hardened out heart towards some one and didn't let it go. We do it attempting to protect ourselves when really we are just building a wall between ourselves and God. Sadly its we never realize that we are laying a brick each day that we hold onto unforgiveness until we look up one day wondering where God is and we have built our own brick wall.

I read something awesome in my Bible. It said; Forgiveness is the divine means of removing sin and restoring fellowship between God and Man. We want to have a relationship with Christ that is fully restored because we can't make it without him at all.

Read Mark 2:1-7 I love this story because it shows the Loving power of forgiveness and instant restoration spiritually and naturally. I say that because spiritually he was restored to the kingdom and naturally because now he is whole. He no longer has to suffer from paralysis or involuntary tremors. He got to continue living his life free from that pain, embarassment and depending on others to get him where he needed to be. This is what forgiveness does for us and it will also free you up from others.

Choosing to forgive:

When you make it up in your mind to forgive its another example of why the Bible says that we are in the world and not of it. Or you hear things like I am just a pilgrim in a strange land passing through. Once we give out lives back to Christ we then start trying to be more like him daily. Doing this would lead us to a life of separation.To live a life of separation it goes far beyond the way that you look on the outside, the way that you talk or how many scriptures that you may know. These are good things but there is more to it. We also make sure that the choices we make are separate from some of the choices that people make that are unbelievers. Don't get me wrong there are many believers and non-believers that struggle with forgiving one another. I am one of them that had a reason in my opinion at the time and a right to not forgive until my relationship from God turned into desiring the knowledge of God and the more that I took time to seek the Lord, the more revelation I received and I noticed that forgiveness is necessary for my walk in him. It wasn't until the day that I was filled with the Holy Spirit that I was free and had the ability to actually follow through, forgive the harms in my past and move on. Knowing that we have that freedom is such a blessing we need to learn how to utilize it and let things go.

So I encourage you to stay strong, stand out and don't fall into the heavy temptation of unforgiveness. God doesn't want us to be bound by anything. He came so that we can be free. So if you are dealing with this leave me a prayer request in the comments below or you can email me at thealterministry@gmail.com So that you can have freedom in Jesus Name!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for posting your prayer requests and comments!