Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Building prayer relationships one day at a time...

Friday, May 6, 2016

The Power of Confession...

The Bible says, When I kept silent, my bones grew old through my groaning all the day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer. I acknowledged my sin to You. And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said " I will confess my transgression to the Lord." And you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalms 32:3-5

This beautiful scripture was written by King David and it is a sure reminder of how much unconfesed sin can take a toll on your body. A lot of us are dealing with sickness and disease because we are holding onto issues that we have had in the past. The longer you harbor your iniquity the effect that it takes upon your body and you been to feel bad, hopeless and sometimes sick

The greatest gift that we can give ourselves is the freedom to talk to God no matter how we feel. He is always available 24 hours a day to hear our cries because he doesn't sleep. Even if you feel as though you can't get the words out sit in his presence, begin to praise him and he will soften your heart to where you can open up and talk to him.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into his courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to him, bless and affectionately praise his name. Psalms 100:4 (AMP)

Starting your prayer entering in properly will bring down any walls that you have built from holding on to sin. Sin just means that you missed the bulls eye. Jesus is the direct target so in order for us to stay in line with him we have to CONFESS.

Have you ever played cowboys and Indians as a kid? Remember how you use to hand cuff or rope yourself together so that you can be bound? When we walk around holding onto things we are roping ourselves. We tend to blame the devil that things are going wrong when really we are just carrying burdens we should have given to God. Once you confess the next thing we should do is repent. All that means is that we should make up our minds not to do it again. I am not saying that temptation won't come because everything confession and repentance is tested. Its just when it does you have the power to renounce the sin and remove it out of your life.

Confession brings you freedom and it brings you into a holy place with God He is Holy. We will only have surface prayers and never touch his throne if we don't come to him with a clean heart.

Below are a few scriptures that you can meditate on if you would like. I hope that God's word encourages you to have an open and honest relationship with him, So that your prayer life can be FULL IN HIM. God bless you all.

Scriptures for Meditation: (From the Amplified Version)

Would not God discover this? For he know the secrets of the heart. Psalms 44:21

So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return (to God), That your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean) that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord. Acts 3:19 

Search me (Thoroughly), Oh God, and know my heart! try me and know my thoughts. Psalms 139:24

Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right persevering and steadfast spirit within me.  Psalms 51:10

Who can discern his lapse and errors? Clear me from hidden (and unconscious) faults. Psalms 19:12

He who covers his sins, will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. Proverbs 28:13


The Power of Confession........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for posting your prayer requests and comments!